Youth Fair Info
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position with Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. The position includes an employee benefit package and a discretionary performance based bonus plan. The position does not include an organization provided vehicle. Reimbursement of relocation expenses is not included with this position. The Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. is a private non-profit 501(c) 3 organization whose Mission is dedicated to enriching our community by promoting education and South Florida agriculture while showcasing and rewarding youth achievement. This is accomplished by producing a first-class Fair with quality entertainment and providing facilities and resources for year-round events. To that point, The Miami-Dade County Youth Fair & Exposition is a truly iconic South Florida outdoor family entertainment event held each spring on the fairgrounds located within Tamiami Park in southwest Miami-Dade County, Florida. The Youth Fair, as it is commonly known, is our organization's major fundraiser providing the financial resources to meet and grow our commitment as outlined in our Mission. In addition to the annual Youth Fair, the organization hosts, through its Fair Exposition business, approximately 70+ trade shows, concerts, festivals, social events, business events, athletic events, consumer shows and so forth. These events take place between mid-April and mid-February each calendar year and attract over 350,000 guests.
- Primary Job Responsibilities
The individual selected for this position will be responsible and held accountable for the following:
- As directed, prepare client contracts and other written communication as requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development. The audiences for such reports and/or communication will be both internal as well external and may include communication between the staff and clients of Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc.
- Ensure that all necessary information, site plans, risk management and loss prevention documents are gathered and made available to the appropriate company staff members in preparation for The Youth Fair’s indoor sponsorship/business development exhibitors, and other related efforts in connection with all indoor live activations and tear downs.
- Efficiently and effectively maintain a thorough and complete record and data base of sponsorship/business development exhibitors’ sales and service activity.
- Ensure that business exhibitors and risk management documents are complete and paid in full prior to the annual Youth Fair.
- Ensure that all required documents related to The Youth Fair’s sponsorships and business development exhibitors annual results are properly updated and archived for easy future reference and year-over-year comparison.
- As requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development assists in the department’s annual expense and capital expense budgeting process.
- Make ongoing recommendations to the Director, Sales & Business Development in terms of streamlining of processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- As requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development, attends business related meetings to assist in ensuring minutes of the meeting and other important documentation are professionally taken care of and, as necessary, reported/disseminated to the appropriate party(s).
- As requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development assists in creating Event Check Lists, After Action Reports and/or Due Diligence Reports that may be required. Assist in the distribution and keeps accurate records of approved Youth Fair materials for sponsors/business development exhibitors.
- As requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development creates tickets (work orders) and follow-up with Operations (including electrical requirements) on all pending tickets to ensure that clients’ needs are efficiently executed on a timely matter.
- Assist in general administrative tasks such as answering phones, faxing, and scanning, copying, filing, organizing, mailing, and expediting information as needed by the Director, Sales & Business Development.
- All other duties as may be requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the organization.
- Work within company policy and processes as outlined in the Employee Handbook and in compliance with OSHA safety rules as well as federal, state and county laws and ordinances.
- SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL, professional, technical & personal skills and Prior work experience required for a candidate to be considered and the individual selected to be successful.
- Associate Degree in Business or a minimum 2 years of documented professional experience. (Either combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.)
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written targeting multiple internal and external audiences.
- Strong demonstrated ability in the utilization of MS Office software.
- Outstanding ability to interact and support the organization’s full time, benefited team members as well as our part-time and seasonal team members. That is, the individual must exhibit behavior and a professional attitude consistent with being a performance-based, team player.
- Unquestioned ability to maintain confidentially in business related matters and ensures all data is secured at all times.
- Unquestioned loyalty through integrity while uplifting the long-term interests and mission of the organization.
- Very strong and demonstrated ability to be versatile and exhibit exceptional organization skills.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of dependability.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of pro-activity.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines. Strong ability to multi-task and to do so, at times, within a demanding time frame.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Natural proactive and positive approach to all aspects of work.
- Essential to wear business-casual attire that is clean, pressed and well fitted. When deemed appropriate by the Director, Sales & Business Development professional business suit should be worn.
- This position’s traditional business hours are from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. The individual selected for this position must also be able to work non-traditional and flexible business hours as will be necessary especially but not limited to the time period leading up to the annual Youth Fair, during the run of the Youth Fair and the time period immediately following the annual Youth Fair. Non-traditional and flexible business hours will be necessary due to the business requirements of the organization’s Fair Expo business.
- Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org