Youth Fair Info
Accounts Payable Administrator
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. ("Company") is a private non-profit 501(c)3 organization whose Mission is dedicated to enriching our community by promoting Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 education and South Florida agriculture while showcasing and rewarding youth achievement. This is accomplished by producing a first-class Fair each spring with quality entertainment and providing facilities and resources for year-round events.
The Miami-Dade County Youth Fair & Exposition is a truly iconic South Florida outdoor family entertainment event held each spring on the fairgrounds located within Tamiami Park in southwest Miami-Dade County, Florida. The Youth Fair, as it is commonly known, is our organization's major fundraiser providing the financial resources to meet and grow our commitment as outlined in our Mission.
The Company's team has a Common Purpose which is to create a positive guest experience with appropriate actions and attitude always with a SMILE embracing the Quality Standards of safety, courteousness, being informed, being efficient and cleanliness.
The Company is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Administrator to join our team in Miami, FL.
This position will be responsible for many aspects of the accounting function including but not limited to A/P, Payroll, GL, Reconciliations Journal Entries, Month End Close, Budgeting and Yearly Audit.
The traditional hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. Individuals wishing consideration for this position should be cognizant that this position will require working non-traditional business hours including weekends and nights as the business needs of the Accounting & Finance Department and the Company may require. The ability to work said nontraditional business hours is vitally important in weeks leading up to the Company's annual Youth Fair, during the run of the annual Youth Fair and in the weeks immediately following the conclusion of the annual Youth Fair.
Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for all facets of Accounts Payable which include verifying legitimacy of invoices by matching to purchase orders, ensuring proper approval, verifying accuracy of general ledger account coding for all invoices, entering and processing all A/P invoices and processing A/P checks on a semi-monthly basis and as needed.
- Maintains a thorough, detailed and complete record and database of vendors/suppliers used by the Company.
- Assist Accounting & Finance Supervisor with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Review all seasonal employee information entered in the payroll system by department directors.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Accounts Payable filing system.
- Ensure that organization's record retention policy as it relates to his/her responsibilities is adhered to always.
- Prepare 1099 reports in Excel to be submitted to the Company's outside accounting firm for yearly filing with the IRS.
- Process a large volume of vendor's invoices for payment.
- Must be able to maintain strictest confidentiality regarding payroll information and accompanying payroll related matters.
- Knowledgeable of Federal guidelines related to HR issues associated with the Company's employment applications and other documents.
- Monitor and communicate the appropriate use of the GL account numbers for departmental budgets.
- Track and document fixed assets and leasehold improvements in Excel on an ongoing basis.
- Research and resolve any invoice discrepancies and billing issues.
- Research and compile data for special projects as required.
- Assist the Accounting and Finance Supervisor as required.
- Assists auditors with information and documentation they require during the Company's annual audit.
- All other duties and tasks as may be requested by the Company's management.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, solve problems and collaborate with all departments at all levels.
- Experience and knowledgeable of accounts payable as well as accounts receivable and payroll practices.
- Excellent decision making and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal, listening, written and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Computer knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent Time Management skills coupled with the ability to complete multiple tasks in a prompt, timely and thorough manner.
- PERSONALITY & ATTITUDE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined and focused, working with minimal daily supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments and projects on a timely basis and within established guidelines.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out qualities such as being patient, kind, humble, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed.
- Must be willing to constantly improve and assist team members in improvement.
- Must have a professional business appearance.
- Must promote and support a team work environment by cooperating with and helping co-workers as well as team leaders and members of all outside contacts and resources.
- Must adapt to external and internal change easily.
- Must tolerate and excel in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All emails must include a resume and salary requirements. Thank you.
The first key role for this position is to, on daily basis, ensure that the administrative duty requirements, data collection and reporting needs of both the President & CEO (P/CEO) and Director, Administration & Compliance (DA&P) are proactively addressed and completed in a thorough, prompt and timely basis. This is critical to ensure that all communication and information dissemination to both internal and external audiences is clear, crisp, thorough and concise. The individual filling this role will also be accountable for ensuring that any administrative tasks associated with the work of the Board of Directors and their interaction with the P/CEO, the DA&P and internal and external stakeholders are proactively addressed and completed in a thorough, prompt and timely basis. The third critical role the individual filling this role must accept is to maintain a timeline of important activities and events that the P/CEO, the DA&P, The Youth Fair senior management and its Board of Directors must address on an ongoing basis to ensure strict compliance with all charter requirements, by-laws requirements, Miami-Dade County ordinances and Florida Statute Chapter 616 and so forth. This is a full-time position eligible for company provided employee benefits.
- Primary Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute in a prompt and timely basis thorough business reports, notifications and other written communication as requested by the P/CEO and DA&P. The audiences for such reports and/or communication will be both internal as well external and will include communication between the senior staff and members of the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Ensure that all necessary information and materials are gathered and made available to the members of the Board of Directors and the appropriate staff members in preparation for the monthly Board of Directors meetings, BOD committee meetings and senior staff meetings.
- Attend all Board of Director meetings and compile meeting notes. Distribute monthly meeting notes in a prompt, thorough and timely basis to all Board Members as well as the senior management staff following each meeting.
- Attend, as requested, all Board of Directors Committee Meetings to compile meeting notes and distribute such in a prompt, thorough and timely basis.
- Ensure that all required documents related to the company's general business, risk management, loss prevention, human resources and legal activities are properly updated and archived for easy future reference. Coupled with this, ensure that the company's records retention policy is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all required documents related to The Youth Fair & Exposition's annual results are properly updated and archived for easy future reference and year-over-year comparison.
- Assist the P/CEO and DA&P in the annual operating and capital expense budgeting process.
- Make ongoing recommendations to the P/CEO and DA&P in terms of streamlining office administrative processes and procedures.
- As requested by the P/CEO or DA&P, attends business related meetings to assist in ensuring minutes of the meeting and other important documentation are professionally taken care of and, as necessary, reported/disseminated to the appropriate party(s).
- Screen all incoming telephone calls to the P/CEO and the DA&P.
- Ensure that the individual filling the Switchboard/Receptionist role is properly trained, updated as needed on all Youth Fair and Fair Expo Center event activities and is properly filling the role as the company's "Director of First Impressions".
- As necessary, fills in the Switchboard/Receptionist role when the individual in that role is taking approved PTO (Paid Time Off). Coupled with this, ensures that other team members are properly trained and able to fill the Switchboard/Receptionist role should their assistance be required.
- Individual filling this role is held accountable for the recruitment, training and scheduling of supplemental seasonal Switchboard/Receptionist staff to be employed prior to and during each year's annual Youth Fair & Exposition.
- Provide, as requested, administrative support and assistance to the organization's Chief Financial Officer and its Director, Concessions.
- Assist the P/CEO and DA&P with specific ad hoc defined projects or other duties as may be directed.
- All other duties as may be requested by the P/CEO and/or DA&P to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the company.
- KEY SKILL SETS REQUIRED
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written targeting multiple internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong ability to manage the daily administrative requirements and requests of the P/CEO and the DAP.
- Outstanding ability to interact personally and socially with various key stakeholders, business partners and members of the Board of Directors.
- Outstanding ability to interact and support the organization's full time, benefited team members as well as our part-time and seasonal team members. That is, the individual must exhibit behavior and an attitude consistent with being a performance-based, team player.
- Unquestioned ability to maintain confidentiality in business matters and data related to the Board of Directors, the P/CEO, the DAP, senior management and staff and to do so at all times.
- Very strong and demonstrated ability to exhibit organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of maturity and professionalism.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of dependability.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of pro-activity.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong ability to multi-task and to do so, at times, within a demanding time frame.
- Strong experience working with MS Office software and MS Outlook.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to work traditional business hours of 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and as required before and after these hours as may be necessary to ensure the company's success.
- Ability to work, as required, non-traditional business hours. This is critically important and mandatory during the time frame leading up to the grand opening of the annual Youth Fair each spring as well as during the 21-day run of The Youth Fair and immediately following.
- Please submit your resume to email@example.com
All emails must include a resume and salary requirements. Thank you.