Sales & Business Development Administrator
Sales & Business Development
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position with Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. (“Company”). The position includes an employee benefit package and a discretionary performance based bonus plan. The position does not include an organization provided vehicle. Reimbursement of relocation expenses is not included with this position. The Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization whose Mission is dedicated to enriching our community by promoting education and South Florida agriculture while showcasing and rewarding youth achievement. This is accomplished by producing a first-class Fair with quality entertainment and providing facilities and resources for year-round events. To that point, The Miami-Dade County Youth Fair & Exposition is a truly iconic South Florida outdoor family entertainment event held each spring on the fairgrounds located within Tamiami Park in southwest Miami-Dade County, Florida. The Youth Fair, as it is commonly known, is our organization’s major fundraiser providing the financial resources to meet and grow our commitment as outlined in our Mission. In addition to the annual Youth Fair, the organization hosts, through its Fair Exposition business, approximately 70+ trade shows, concerts, festivals, social events, business events, athletic events, consumer shows and so forth. These events take place between mid-April and mid-February each calendar year and attract over 350,000 guests.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (WHAT TASKS WILL THIS POSITION BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR?)
The individual selected for this position will be responsible and held accountable for the following:
- Prepare clients’ contracts, check lists, proposals, instructions and other written communication as requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development. The audiences for such will be both internal as well external and will include communication between the staff and the company’s existing and prospective clients.
- Ensure that all necessary information, including but not limited to permits, site plans, and risk management documents are gathered in a prompt and timely manner, properly archived and made available to the appropriate company staff members in preparation for the company’s annual Youth Fair & Exposition, the company’s Fair Exposition events and in conjunction with other related initiatives and obligations in connection with all Youth Fair & Exposition and Fair Exposition events’ live activations, set-ups and tear downs.
- Be knowledgeable of and diligent regarding the company’s stated Records Retention Policy.
- Efficiently and effectively maintain a thorough and complete digital and, if only necessary, paper record of the company’s Youth Fair & Exposition sponsorship sales and service activity utilizing the various software that is made available for your use.
- Efficiently and effectively maintain a thorough and complete digital and, if only necessary, paper record of the company’s Fair Exposition sales and service activity utilizing the various software that is made available for your use.
- Efficiently and in a prompt and timely maintain and ensure that the company’s Sales & Business Development Department Participants Manual(s) is up-to-date and provided to clients in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all required documents related to the company’s Youth Fair & Exposition and Fair Exposition forecasted and actual results are properly updated and archived for easy future reference and year-over-year comparison.
- As requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development assist in the department’s annual operating and capital expense budgeting process.
- Make ongoing recommendations to the Director, Sales & Business Development in terms of streamlining of processes and procedures.
- As requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development, attend business related meetings to assist in ensuring, if required, minutes of meetings and other important documentation are professionally taken care of and, as necessary, reported/disseminated to the appropriate party(s).
- With the assistance and direction of the Director, Sales & Business Development develop and create all necessary After-Action Reports and/or Due Diligence Reports that may be required by the company and department as well as the company’s Youth Fair & Exposition sponsorship client and Fair Exposition clients.
- Create tickets (work orders) and follow-up with the Operations Department (including electrical requirements) in regard to all indoor and outdoor Youth Fair & Exposition sponsor and Fair Exposition client requests to ensure that the sponsor’s or clients’ needs and requests are efficiently fulfilled and addressed in a prompt and timely manner.
- Create tickets (work orders) and follow-up with Marketing & Entertainment Department and the Information Technology Department in regard to all indoor and outdoor Youth Fair & Exposition sponsor and Fair Exposition client requests to ensure that the sponsor’s or clients’ needs and requests are efficiently fulfilled and addressed in a prompt and timely manner.
- Assist in general administrative tasks such as answering phones, faxing, and scanning, copying, filing, organizing, mailing, and expediting information as needed by the Director, Sales & Business Development.
- All other duties as may be requested by the Director, Sales & Business Development to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the organization.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Employee Handbook and in compliance with OSHA Safety rules.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL, PROFESSIONAL, TECHNICAL & PERSONAL SKILLS AND PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR A CANDIDATE TO BE CONSIDERED AND THE INDIVIDUAL SELECTED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or a similar field from an accredited college or university or Associates Degree in Business or a minimum 3 years of professional experience. (Either combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.)
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written targeting multiple internal and external audiences.
- Strong demonstrated ability in the utilization of MS Office software.
- Outstanding ability to interact and support the organization’s full time, benefited team members as well as our part time and seasonal team members. That is, the individual must exhibit behavior and an attitude consistent with being a performance-based, team player.
- Unquestionable ability to maintain sensitive matters and data securely confidential at all times.
- Unquestionable loyalty through integrity while uplifting the long-term interests and mission of Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc.
- Very strong and demonstrated ability to exhibit organization skills.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of dependability.
- Must be able to exhibit through past work history an exceptional level of pro-activity.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong ability to multi-task and to do so, at times, within a demanding time frame.
- Natural proactive and positive approach to all aspects of work.
- Essential to wear business-casual attire that is clean, pressed and well fitted. When deemed appropriate by the Director, Sales & Business Development professional business suit should be worn.
- This position’s traditional business hours are from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. The individual selected for this position must also be able to work non-traditional and flexible business hours and days as will be necessary especially but not limited to the time period leading up to the annual Youth Fair & Exposition, during the run of the Youth Fair & Exposition and the time period immediately following the annual Youth Fair & Exposition. Non-traditional and flexible business hours will be necessary at times determined by the Director, Sales & Business Development due to the business requirements of the organization’s Fair Expo business.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.